The original idea was that of Dr. Felix T. Muñoz, famous respiratory specialist, who, having visited Sierra de la Ventana, considered the excellent place for a health and recovery center. Echoing that idea, Don Manuel Lainez, owner of 3000 Ha, decided to interest Cía. British Southern Railway to lift the hospital in the area. The managers of this one decide to take the project but not to build the hospital but a large hotel complex. The construction of the same began in 1904. The work was conceived by the Arq. Jacques Dunant and Gastón Luis Mallet; the Italian builder Antonio Gherardi was responsible for it. The characteristic of the hotel was the European style (Belle Epoque).
For the bricks needed in the construction, Dr. Ernesto Tornquist acquired in Czechoslovakia a machine-made brick factory that was installed in the vicinity of La Plata and that still exists, a wing of that factory was moved to the land where the complex would be built. . In addition to all the facilities and amenities of this giant, including casino and facilities for various recreations (sports, concerts, library, etc.) took into account the necessary places for supplies in general.. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Hotel_de_la_Ventana